Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Merry Christmas it's October!

Today is significant for two reasons. First,  Valentino comes back from his European Vacation Work Trip! Second, it's  October 1st! October happens to be my favorite month out of the year! I love everything about October from the changing leaves, crisp weather, to of course Halloween. Thing is I do not like celebrating or thinking about holidays (for that matter) wayyyyy before they are due. For example, we were in the grocery store around the end of August and what do I see in the cookie aisle but Halloween Oreo's! It wasn't even September and they were already gearing up for Halloween. This summer Isabel asked me to read her Frosty the Snowman and I refused! I just can't celebrate unless it is a month from the Holiday! So since today is October 1st I will glady let Isabel put up the scary skeletons, watch The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, and read to her from Scary, Scary Halloween. Frosty will have to wait until December!

Isabel last Halloween. Trick-or-treating is great in NYC becasue you just need to find one apartment building and go door -to -door. We hit the candy jack pot last year as many homes had over compensated and bought too many treats....by the end of the night they were pouring the candy into the bucket.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment...I would love to hear your feedback!