Friday, November 1, 2013

It's NYC Marathon Weekend!

It's Friday! I am so excited to watch the NYC Marathon on Sunday. The Marathon runs down Bedford Avenue  (two blocks from home) so we will not need to go far.  I remember two years ago going to watch the race early...the first people to make their way through were those requiring special equipment to run (...special needs runners) it was so inspirational and moving to see these strong and powerful runners; I had tears in my eyes at times! This year the Marathon will garner extra security since it is the first marathon since Superstorm Sandy and the Boston Marathon Bombing.
On a more personal note...I thought I might be interested in training for the NYC Marathon one day. I enjoy running and have been all about personal challenge lately. I have been running off and on for years. So the other day I used this tool to mark how long I was running on average...I was so bummed to learn that what I thought was around 9 miles (and felt like much more) was only 5 miles! Sooo...I am not sure how I would be able to manage 26.2miles!! Yikes...that can't be good for your body...Right?

Have a great weekend! Don't forget to change your clock Saturday night as Sunday we turn the clocks back! More time to sleep!


Aerial View NYC Marathon start line. (Courtesy of Dailynews)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment...I would love to hear your feedback!