Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Day in the Life...


Did you ever hear the story about a Mom who goes on strike from doing the housework? While often times I fantasize about such a protest... I am realistic enough to know that my children are too young to understand what that would mean and the repercussions would just inundate me with even more work to make up. Being a stay-at-home mom and staying on top of the workload is a constant job...I am a cog in the wheel...of a machine that never stops! Maybe I have too high of expectations of myself? I have always been a very tidy person (when I was a kid I would vacuum my room daily to see the lines in the carpet)...while I am not that extreme now (and don't have carpet) the best way I can handle the monotony is with a little comic relief. This is pretty much how each day goes in our household...and I assume most households with children under age 4 18!

6 am wakeup call to this girl! Can you say bedhead!
Move to the kitchen for coffee (first things first), breakfast, lunch made for school. After school drop-off I come back home and deal with the aftermath.

My desk after a 4 year old decorates her princess tiara. 
Beds to be made...Isabel came home once and upon seeing her bed unmade said "Mom, you didn't make the bed." What you don't do always gets noticed...

A never ending pile of laundry...really how can we make so much laundry? 



1 comment:

  1. So true that's why I taught you to do laundry I don't know what I would of done without you help.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment...I would love to hear your feedback!