Monday, November 25, 2013

Our New Home!

What a weekend! We woke up in Brooklyn and instantly wished we were back in our new house! The weekend was so crazy and full of excitement! House closing, house exploring ( is this really our house)?, raking leaves, shopping, exploring the town, meeting with friends (who also have a home in Woodstock), meeting with caretaker, neighbors, landscaper, I could go on and on. There are so many things I want to tell you but I am not sure I could even explain the feeling that this house has already provided me. 

One thing I will share, that I found most interesting, is the difference in attitude the people in Woodstock (and upstate for that matter) have from those in NYC. Woodstock folk are much more sensitive and we quickly realized we will need to tread lightly. First example...there is not much tolerance for small children fussing in restaurants (even for two minutes)...second example don't call people more than once to get things done...they will call you back when they are good and ready! 

Overall the most important lesson I learned is that a house is only as good as the family inside! Without the kids and Valentino the house has no heart and soul...you can buy a sofa, table, bed, etc...but friends and family are the foundation of a home! 

I was so busy all weekend taking it all in that I didn't take many photos...here are the ones I did take...I will take more for sure in the coming weeks.
This is the living room...one of the only things the previous owners left were these shelves. 




First night we lit a fire and slept on the mattress in the living room...my idea of course!
Living room with a few toys strewn across the room...

They also left this kitchen table (thankfully)... coffee and Sunday Times made for a relaxing Sunday morning.
Kitchen view...I tried to include the skylight but this photo doesn't do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment...I would love to hear your feedback!