Thursday, September 19, 2013

Blue Bayou

While I love most of her songs, the lyrics  "I don't know much...but I know I love you " remain questionable.


I was listening to NPR yesterday and they had a segment featuring Linda Ronstadt. I was fascinated to learn that she considered herself a singer as a young child even though she could not sing.  It took her 10 years of practice and training to develop the beautiful voice that eventually led to 11 grammys! I guess this is evidence of the old adage "if you want something bad enough you'll make it happen."

She recently wrote a memoir about her musical journey that sounds like an interesting read. Sadly, toward the end of the NPR interview, Rondstadt discloses that she no longer performs...not for lack of wanting to but rather becasue an illness prevents her from physically being able to! Well...at least we still have her recordings. Below is one of my favorites.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment...I would love to hear your feedback!