Monday, September 23, 2013

BFF


I remember this photo so well. It was the Labor Day weekend 1995...the first year I went away to college in Kansas. I had driven 8 hours to come for just 48 hours. You will never get me to admit I was homesick...but apparently I was. 

Saturday morning Gina arrived from Chicago. Gina has been my best friend since we were 12 years old! It is kind of corny but whenever I introduce her to people I often volunteer that valuable piece of information...like "This is Gina...She's in from Chicago...we've been friends since 1991!" Most people pretend to be impressed (but really are probably like so what?)! It's funny to me how I feel so proud of that fact. So she is here this week to keep me company but also to help me out with the girls. The two days she has been here have already felt so much breezier...She is amazing in particular with Isabel. Sometimes is is toooo good with Isabel as in I don't get to spend any time with her as Isabel commands all her attention. As a matter of fact yesterday Isabel and I got into a light-hearted argument as to who Gina was here to see. It went back and forth, "Gina is here to see me...No! She's here to see me!" It went on for a while like this until finally Isabel, diplomatically announced, "No, She's here to see both of us." Yes, Isabel your right! She is here to see both of us! Nothing like getting schooled by a 4 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment...I would love to hear your feedback!